“Great Leaders, Great Schools: Arizona Summit on Education Leadership” to Examine School Leadership Best Practices, Ongoing Challenges
November 30, 2020
WHAT: “Great Leaders, Great Schools: Arizona Summit on Education Leadership” will feature Arizona education leaders and national experts convening for a virtual event to share best practices in K-12 leadership. Discussions will provide an opportunity for education experts and members of Arizona’s education community to join together through the shared goal of promoting excellence in leadership among school and district leaders.
The event will include remarks from Gov. Doug Ducey, Arizona Board of Regents Chair Larry E. Penley and Regent Fred DuVal.
During the “Best Practices for School Leadership” panel discussion, Arizona and national leaders will share what their organizations have learned about best practices in principal preparation and leadership development during a discussion moderated by Javaid Siddiqi, Ph.D., President and CEO, The Hunt Institute. Participants include:
- Jason Dougal, Executive Vice President, National Center on Education and the Economy
- The Honorable Kathy Hoffman, Arizona Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Paul Luna, President and CEO, Helios Foundation
- Jody Spiro, Ed.D, Director, Education Leadership, Wallace Foundation
The “School Leadership in Practice” panel discussion will feature practitioners who have led and engaged with the Beat the Odds School Leadership Academy, administered by The Center for the Future of Arizona in partnership with the National Institute for School Leadership. Panelists will discuss how the program uniquely prepares principals for school leadership and some of the ongoing challenges facing Arizona’s schools. The conversation will be led by moderator Amanda Burke, Ed.D., Managing Director, Center for the Future of Arizona, with panelists:
- Eric Atuahene, Principal, Littleton Elementary STEM Academy
- JoEtta Gonzales, Ed.D., Superintendent, Casa Grande Elementary School District
- Jackie Norton, President and CEO, Rodel Foundation of Arizona
- Michael Schwanenberger, Ed.D., Educational Leadership Department Chair, Northern Arizona University College of Education
WHEN: Wednesday, Dec. 2, 9 to 11 a.m.
WHERE: This is a virtual event that may be viewed by registering through this link. Members of the media may ask questions through the Zoom chat function and the event will also be available on the Hunt Institute’s Facebook page through Facebook Live.
Contact: Sarah Harper, Arizona Board of Regents: (602) 402-1341, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joseph Valdez, Center for the Future of Arizona: (480) 620-9452, email@example.com
C.J. Karamargin, Office of Arizona Governor Doug Ducey, firstname.lastname@example.org